Thursday, 4 June 2009

Been a bit busy lately...

moving house and all, so not so much time for the blog, especially since I have no Internet connection at my new (and deeply temporary) digs. (As essential as water? Too right!)

But it's Election Day here in the UK today, and so I feel it incumbent upon me to make sure that you know that I am not the only person that has been very busy of late. It seems that the Tori leader, Davey Cameron, has been very busy as well, making all sorts of new friends in Europe. Here is the gist to consider before you retreat into that dark space of the polling both, thinking that maybe it's time for a change or some other such stupid idea for voting Conservative at this election (or any other):

Anti-gay, climate change deniers: meet David Cameron's new friends

Global warming is a lie, homosexuality is a "pathology" and Europe is becoming a "neo-totalitarian" regime, according to one of David Cameron's new European allies.
and so on.

Obviously, it should go without saying that I do not then endore UKIP, the bourgeois face of British racism, or the BNP itself. (If, by chance, anyone stumbles upon this blog who is thinking of voting for the BNP, just a word: Do so and it is proof of nothing other than your own utter and total abdication of humanity. No, no. Don't argue. Vote BNP and you are, make no mistake, below ant shit in the Great Chain of Being.)

But, I suspect that I am preaching to the converted, i.e. if you are here, reading this, you are doing so because you are already too smart to vote conservative. Still, best to put it out there, just in case.

3 comments:

  1. I voted today, and almost threw up in my mouth a bit when I saw the BNP at the top of the ballot. Damn you, alphabetical order! meanwhile my friend's 3 year old thinks that BEEEE ENNN PEEE is the funniest set of syllables on the planet. Perfect for shouting at nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For fuck's sake. Alphabetocal order and neurosis-feeding propaganda wins through. I'm ashamed to be Yorkshire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad, sad day in the Former People's Republic of South Yorkshire. Barnsely voted 16% for the BNP?!? What the fuck??!!??

    I like the 3 year old angle. Interesting article in yesterday's Guardian, one bit saying that 'ridicule' is the way to go. (Think I'll try to say something more about it here later today.)

    ReplyDelete